Friday, May 3, 2013

Well, That was Awkward. Day #3

Today's prompt is "what makes you feel uncomfortable?" I'm a fairly anxious person, so I find quite a few things to be not the most pleasant of experiences. I absolutely agree with Jenni's post about awkward bathroom situations and watching sex scenes with parents (one reason I'm glad I haven't yet gotten into Game of Thrones), but I wanted to give my take on the everyday things that make feel like leaving the vicinities immediately.

1) Being the only person in a class.
There are times when I've gone to dance or yoga, and I've been the only student there. While some would react with "this is like getting a private lesson!" I feel like I'm exposing all my flaws to this perfect teacher. Even if there's only one other student there, I feel like I can hide behind that person's shadows. But going solo, I instantly forget anything I previously knew about dance/yoga.

2) Singing in the shower, or anywhere else in the house.
I love to sing. Granted, I'm not the best at it. But I have to be 100% sure that I'm alone before I'll sing even a note. My room is placed so that you can hear every time I sneeze, much less what I'm singing. If the song is more childish, there's a greater chance I'll sing it around family members. But Maroon 5 or Pink? Forget about it; I'm waiting until I'm completely isolated. I have the same preference for making video blogs and exercising. It would take a lot of explaining if my stepmother walked in on me doing "happy baby pose" during my yoga practice.
3) When people don't give an estimated time of arrival.
This is especially difficult for me when I'm hosting a party of some sort and I say it starts at 6:00P.M. No one actually comes to a party the minute it's starting. I realize this. But come 6:15 when no one has yet shown up I'm all "why don't you love me, world, WHY?" Then I cry to my cat about how I'm just trying to do a good thing for my friends, blah blah, emotions and stuff. I also tend to think that people who are a little late have died. So that's a logical fallacy if I ever heard one.

Other things that make me uncomfortable: Control freaks in the kitchen, reading sex scenes by myself, eating spaghetti in front of others, hairless cats, people who make out in public, making out in public, eating cold broccoli.

Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. eating cold broccoli?! hahaha That's a good one. And yes. I hate not getting ETAs too, but typically for me it's when I'm babysitting and have NO idea if I'm there for 2 hours or 6. Only happens at night, but some families just don't give it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that must be frustrating when you're working--especially 'cause that's a huge time difference!

    ReplyDelete