Monday, May 6, 2013

I am a Vampire. But not really--Day #6

Prompt #6 is " If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?" While I'm not actually a vampire (Edward is still working on that one), there are answers that go more in depth than "I'm a student." Or "I'm a cashier." Or "I'm studying cashiering." What?

I take risks. I am not the person jumping off a ten foot wall or eating beets with jalapeno sauce on them. My risks are slightly more mundane in act, but just as great in motivation. Or at least that's what I tell myself at night.

I dance when I'm happy. If I'm ever ecstatic about life, cabbage patching is involved.

I am a student of the self. 

I am a student of others.

I am good at making things sound philosophical

I go on hikes during my "risk-taking" phases.

I become my parents--this is an insult when you're sixteen, and the greatest compliment when you're 19. 

I eat dessert like it's about to go out of business.

I laugh every day, even when there's nothing to laugh about. 

Sometimes, I cry.

Especially when I peel onions. 

Blogging for me is like other people's crack. But it probably won't kill you as fast. 

I do yoga.

I breathe. 

Otherwise, I would be dead.

I am a hard-core Eddie Izzard fan--I memorize at least 50% of his shows. 

I am a bandana advocate.  

Namaste.   

2 comments:

  1. 1] love the word imploding.
    2] love coffee. now please sell me on yoga.
    3] tell me about Eddie Izzard -

    love your cool vibe here kira marshall-mckelvey

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Phyllis: Yoga is a freeing of the self. It is both a form of expression and of deepening your understanding. It allows you to breathe. Also, it teaches you really cool balance postures.

    Eddie Izzard is a British comedian--he also acted on the series "The Riches." He uses a lot of history in his sketches; he's a transvestite, which just adds awesome-ness to his shows. You can check him out on Youtube (I'd recommend watching "Dress to Kill"--that's his best act).

    ReplyDelete