Friday, May 17, 2013

Cat Land--Day 18

Today's prompt is to tell a story about my childhood.
Oh, boy, do I have many.
My older brother and I had wild imaginations in our youth, so we refused to stop at "tag" and video games like normal people. Nope, we had to make up an entire world: cat land.

I really hope this doesn't say something about my future.

I had an expansive collection of stuffed cats; it all started when I got my stuffed cat "Silk" (named after my godmother's 22 year old cat who had just passed away. I later found that I wrote a poem for this cat which included the line "you were 22. That's my bus number"). My brother arranged my cats into family trees, and on top of that we invented a language.

Well, it was really just baby talk, but we were rather pleased with ourselves.

"I want food" would be "me wamph food." "Jump" somehow turned into "Bupeee."

Let's not ask questions here.

We also divided our cats into a political party, vengeful against the dog party. We'd gather the stuffed cats and dogs to engage in a presidential debate a couple times a year--this somehow got combined with Olympic sports, which helped determined who would win the presidential election.

I know, I know. It gets weirder.

Because we were little kids, we were tickled by "poop" jokes (don't say you weren't as a child). Hence, (oh my god I can't believe I'm posting this on the internet), we coined Cat Land's "Santa Claus" as "Cata Fart." And every year, the cats would try to break into Cata Fart's secret laboratory and figure out what he was making the cats for Christmas.

You'd think they would get bored of trying to break in because the presents were always solid gold.

We actually wrote out these plans and made a folder entitled "Christmas secret break in plans." I wonder if our parents were a little concerned.

I know I would be.

Namaste.
I was also obsessed with dress up clothes...I practically never took off this dress

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good story, it really made me laugh. You are never bored with a good imagination! :)

    ReplyDelete