Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Chocolate Chip Collection--Last day!

It's the last day, guys! We made it. I probably won't be posting for a while after this. And by a while I mean two days.

Today's prompt is to talk about a vivid memory.

Well, in sixth grade, I was on a mission to make friends. Not being the most social of sorts, I kind of stumbled my way through homeroom, looking for someone entirely glittery, or someone who was on the quieter side.

I ended up finding both. But let's not digress here.

It probably wasn't cool to give your fra-quaintances (acquaintances on the brink of becoming friends) house tours in sixth grade, but I didn't understand social conduct lived on the edge. I invited a girl from homeroom to see my house; she was pretty enthralled by the swings in our basement (who wouldn't be?) and enjoyed the painting that read "this is Oomfufu getting eaten by a crocodile. All because he didn't listen to his mother," but I genuinely thought that she would be most impressed by the glory in my room: the chocolate chip collection.

Yes, I kept a bunch of chocolate chips sitting in a container in my room. They weren't entirely special, and the eventually got a sort of tinny flavor. Nonetheless, I was super proud of my "work." I even offered this friend one to eat, which was so rare it was almost sacred.

I'm not entirely sure that made a great impression on this girl. Luckily, she's just as chocolate-obsessed as me.

And yes, I'm still excited by swings in a basement. Join me in my mission to remain a child.

Namaste.

4 comments:

  1. Love this post, it made me laugh! Chocolate chip cookies would always be a winner for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate is the answer to many of life's questions :)

      Delete