Sunday, May 26, 2013

Musicality--Day 29

Today's prompt is to post five songs that really speak to me or bring back memories.

Who's surprised that the first song is going to be Lindsey Stirling?

1) "Shadows"--Lindsey Stirling

I discovered Lindsey Stirling on Pandora, and ever since have been hooked on her Dubstep violin. Her dancing exudes pure joy.

2) "Bad Day"--Daniel Powter
This was played basically every other minute during middle school. The timing was pretty damn perfect, but every time I hear this song I think of lunchroom politics and bad acne.

3) "I Miss You"--Blink 182
Okay, this song partly has a mushy, romantic reason behind it. I was dating this guy whose taste of music I had absolutely nothing in common with, except for Blink 182. We "argued" on and off about what our song should be (we never agreed on one--but it's horribly cheesy to have a contrived "song" with a significant other). I was dead set on this song. He wanted "Got it Made" by Theory of a Deadman, which, if you listen to it, is about as romantic as sitting on a bunch of rose thorns. But regardless of our lack of "couply" songs, we still listened to this one quite a bit.

Plus, having Halloween on Christmas sounds like an excellent idea.

4) "Sk8er Boi"--Avril Lavine
In elementary school, my friend Bryn and I would put on these elaborate dance performances that we thought to be "music video competitions." Does such a thing exist? We would take on the part of each of the groups--our favorite being a set of twins named Amy and Rachel who called their group "the Glitter Girls." We danced to this song multiple times, all for the awesome hair-flip-ability of the music.

5) "Paradise"--Coldplay
I don't know if Coldplay has my room bugged, but this song basically describes my life. I pretty much lived in my own paradise as a child, so growing up has always been a bit of a struggle. The emotion of this song is so high, but not in a "woe is me" kind of way. It's just got this burst of energy that shows how teenagers want to live, but must leave behind.

Namaste.


5 comments:

  1. Paradise is such a beautiful song. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could listen to it a million times over. :)

      Delete
  2. Your addition of Blink 182 made this list for me! All time my favorite band. EVER.

    ReplyDelete