Monday, May 13, 2013

The Chocolate Covered Raisins --Day 13

Day 13: Issue a public apology

Dear Father and other party-goers,
I am sorry for eating all the chocolate covered raisins. They looked awfully delicious in that pretty white bowl.
Plus, you've been nagging me to eat fruit. Well, I got my five servings and then some. So it all works out.
I'm sure the guests hardly even noticed they were there. Don't grownups only notice beer at parties?
I don't know; all I know is they get awfully loud when I'm trying to put my stuffed animals to bed.
Harrumph.
Anyway.
If it makes you feel any better, Laurel made me do it. She grabbed that bowl and told me "eat these." What was I supposed to say? "No"?
That's a bad word, Daddy. A bad, bad word.
I felt kinda sick after, so I'm sorry I didn't listen to you when you said I should only have a couple. But as soon as I eat two, there are always two more to eat, and I can't stop eating them until I have eaten all the "couple" of chocolate raisins.
There's a lot of twos in the world; I had a lot of work to do.
Maybe when I sell Mr. Fur at a yard sale I will be able to give you money for the raisins. Maybe if I'm lucky and I sell my other stuffed cats, I can get you a new car!...If I ever get ten whole dollars.
That's a lot of dollars.
I will not eat your chocolate covered raisins ever again. I like just plain chocolate, anyway.
Hey, is that a Hershey's bar you have?
Love,
seven year old Kira
That's me in the dress--yup, I was a strange child


Namaste. 


2 comments:

  1. I apologize too. Though I have no memory of this, I was a terrible terrible child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a prerequisite to have "maybe I shouldn't have..." moments as a kid. :)

      Delete