Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The final countdown

Friends, it's the 30 minute countdown to NanoWriMo. 50,000 words, one month. In between running like a chicken with my head cut off to class. There will be tears. There will be blood (how appropriate with my previous two posts). There will be drunk college students in outrageous Halloween costumes distracting me from writing. There will, perhaps be poorly constructed outlines that mean shit when it comes to actually beginning a story.

Yet even though writing is reputed to be a lonely craft, I am surrounded by friends, new and old, who are partaking on this insanity alongside me. Some of them are going in cold, with zero outline, only intuition and 100% determination to finish. Because sometimes, you gotta just write, and accept the suckery that is bound to happen at some points. Then revel at the genius that is bound to happen at other points.

NanoWriMo seems crazy to some--and they're absolutely right! But I'm excited to be part of this insanity--for the sake of strengthening both my writing and connection with other writers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment