Thursday, June 21, 2012

Walking on Sunshine

For the sake of all the chihuahuas and others drivers in State College, I walk to many of my destinations. It gives me time to think, to ponder, and to work off that bar of chocolate that mysteriously left the depths of your fridge. While I've gotten some snide comments on Atherton street, and some strange looks from all those Mercedes owners, I wouldn't trade my walks for anything, not even my super sexy car, Alphonso. Throughout these journeys to work, to Target (where my paycheck proceeds to get mindlessly spent), and back home again, I have gathered my knowledge of music, my reflections on relationships, and the same epiphanies I've had for the umpteenth time. I may looks ridiculous walking with a huge grin when I think about inside jokes with friends, or when I'm storming the sidewalk with a furrowed brow, but my walks are my safe haven, much like a room that miraculously doesn't have to be vacuumed and whose coffee stains are much more rare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment