Saturday, September 29, 2012

Libster sloppers are cool

No, that wasn't a typo. My beloved lobster slippers have been named "libster sloppers" for as long as I can remember. Let it be known to the world that it was an English professor who made this slip-up...which narrows it down to all three of my parents.
But here, friends, are the infamous slippers that I am currently chillin' in in my dorm room...in in? I should really go become an engineering major or something.
Let's try this again. Here are the infamous slippers in which I am currently chillin' in my dorm room.
Okay,. I admit. There is no way to make a sentence sound sophisticated when it contains the word "chillin'." That is just a sad, sad fact.
But I digress.
So normally I would be upset that it's going from iced coffee weather to hot chocolate weather. I mean, which one do you think has more calories? But actually. I woke up this morning to discover frost on the deck. It's September, people! It should be illegal for all things snow related to enter our universe until at least five hours after we have all stuffed ourselves silly with turkey. Which makes the freak snowstorm of 2009 both a peril to our electricity and our law system.
Yet one thing I can console my poor frozen body with is these slippers. I don't know what it is about putting water dwelling creatures on my feet that is so amusing, but I have giggled more at these slippers than the funny parts of Angela's Ashes. Take that, English teacher.

I could despair about the long winter ahead...or I could snuggle up with a few galleons of coffee, my fuzzy monkey pants and libster sloppers. 'Cause these things are just epic.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment