Saturday, February 6, 2016

New Blog: An Announcement

Yes, it certainly seems like I'm announcing a new blog every two seconds, but this time I really mean it (no, really).

As I apply to teach in South Korea through the EPIK program, I wanted to document the highs and lows of the application process--and, if I get in, the actual adjustments to living and working in Korea. Even before applying, I relied heavily on other expats' personal experiences to be better informed on life in Korea, and to make the decision if it was the right move for me. However, I would have liked to see more information about people's personal experiences with the application process, which is why I'm starting this project now (even though there's a chance that I won't get in and this will just be a disappointing reminder of my failures).

The blog is titled "The K-Odyssey" and you can find it here.

If you have any questions about the application process, I 1)will probably be freaking out right alongside you, but 2) I will try to help in the best way that I can. Conversely, if you have more experience living and teaching in Korea, I would love to hear your advice!

And, to make this a less boring post, here is a video of a dinosaur figure skating:
Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment